Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beach Bag

Well, I did it again. I have been so busy and I've neglected my blog. I have made a lot of teachers gifts for the end of the year. I have also had some of my "girls" over to work on different teacher gifts. I can't believe that the school year is over in 3 more days! I feel like my son just started Kindergarten, but now he is almost done with the second grade!

I used the Summer Fun set to make these flip flop cards. I just love this set! To make the beach bag big enough to fit 8 cards and envelopes I took a piece of 12x12 DSP, cut it at 7 1/2 inches then cut that into 2-6 inch pieces. I sealed the 2 pieces together at the short ends to make one 6X14 3/4 inch long piece using the double sided red tape. I next took a piece of cardstock, cut it 5 1/2x3 1/2. Score this piece at a half inch all around and make a box. Using the red line tape I attached the DSP to the box to make the bag in a box. Last, I sealed two 7 1/2 inch pieces of cardstock together for the top and bottom and attached two 3/4 inch pieces for the handles. Great summer birthday gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment